Sick building syndrome affects the occupants of a building, typically marked by respiratory issues or headaches that disappear as soon they leave the premises. The symptoms can be confusing and the syndrome difficult to identify. The main reasons are harmful air pollutants like stagnant air, asbestos, mold or lead in the buildings. Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral, resistant to heat, electricity and corrosion. It was used in cloth, paper, cement and plastic before it became globally banned. Upon ingestion, the trapped asbestos fibres in our body can cause inflammation, scarring and genetic damage to body cells.